My Best Dressed Gals at The Met Gala 2015

by - 19:09

It is one of the most prestigious events on any self-respecting fashionista's calender in the wonderful little world of the Rich and Famous, and it never fails to disappoint we mere mortals either. Formally known as the Costume Institute Gala, The Met Gala is an annual fundraising event held every year for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York.

The Ball marks the opening for The Costume Institutes annual exhibition. The theme and formal dress code for this costume ball is set by the exhibition, with attendees expected to dress matching the theme of the exhibit. This years theme was China:Through The Looking Glass.

Now, to be perfectly honest, I think sometimes the themes are over-looked by many of the guests(And they probably don't care as I'm sure whatever donation made on the night more than makes up for it), and with the Honorable Anna Wintour being the head of the of the event(and in charge of the guestlist), most people going probably just want to make sure they make a good impression on the fashion queen... Others, well there are always a few that are just downright questionable.

Today I'm going through my favourite picks of the beautiful ladies that were in attendance at this years event, there are quite a few, some more questionable than others. However, I think all of these ladies looked amazing on the night and deserve praise for allowing us to drool over how flawless they are!

Enjoy!

Dianna Agron in Tory Burch
First up is the beautiful Dianna Agron dressed in a stunning Tory Burch gown. I think this look is absolutely stunning. I rarely see Dianna at events in something I don't like. She always just seems so put together and naturally beautiful. This dress is so elegant and quite understated, I love it.

Alexa Chung in Erdem
Next up we have the effortlessly beautiful Alexa Chung in a stunning strapless Erdem gown. Now this isn't something that I could pull of in a million years, nor would I try to, it isn't really my style. But I just think this dress looks like a dream on Alexa, it goes beautifully with the theme and even though it has a pattern, I still think it comes across rather subtle and understated. A beautiful gown on a beautiful lady.

Candice Swanepoel in Michael Kors
Well, let's face it, a supermodel will rarely look bad in anything(damn it!), but I mean WOW! Candice Swanepoel looks unbelievable in this Michael Kors gown! I'm lost for words, I just love this whole look(that makeup is flawless, but then, so is her face), I just think this a really classic look and I love it. Not hugely risky, but who cares?! She's a babe!

Adriana Lima in Marc Jacobs
Here's another supermodel to help us mere mortals want to cry. I think Adriana looks stunning here. I wouldn't say that this Marc Jacobs is the most amazing gown in the world(and it looks more Bollywood inspired to me, than China), but I just love this look in her. I think we are used to seeing Adriana as this perfect Victoria's Secret Angel that genuinely looks like an angel, so seeing her with a bit of Gothic Glamour going on is quite refreshing. I think she looks amazing!

Emily Blunt in Prada
Oh Emily Blunt, she just always looks so perfect! I just can't stop looking at her(*will not make a comment about The Devil Wears Prada!*) in this beautiful gown! She is just too beautiful! This Prada dress fits so perfectly with the theme and just looks amazing. That's all there is to it!



Beyonce in Givenchy
Well, what can I say? Couldn't do this post with Queen B being included. She's certainly caused a stir in the beautiful Givenchy gown. I don't exactly see myself attempting to replicate this look as I don't think anybody in the world would need to see that vision! However, as per usual Bey pulls this off! Of course she does! How could she not?! And I must say, the detailing is just amazing in this gown. And well, Queen B's body just makes me want to cry into my cup of tea... Apparently she wakes up like this(soz, couldn't help myself!). All Hail Queen B! *bows down, bitchez*
Claire Danes in Valentino
I think this dress is stunning! Personally, I don't see the reference to theme in here, but who cares... Wowza(that dude behind her thinks so too, apparently)! This look is just so elegant. I love the material used and the effect created by it, it's just so flattering to her shape and the colour of the dress and her makeup just compliment her skin tone really well. I'm a fan of Valentino gowns anyway, but this just really stood out to me, love it!
Amal Clooney in John Galliano for Maison Margiela
I sometimes feel bad commenting just about what Amal Clooney is wearing, because she is such an interesting, intelligent woman who is extremely inspiring(not that the other ladies on this list aren't too, obvz, Queen B), and some people may think that commenting on just her clothes would be silly. However she is at an event for the Costume Institute and it is only for fun, plus she looks amazing, why shouldn't we admire that too? This John Galliano gown is unbelievable! The detailing is stunning! Perfect for the theme and the colour just goes so beautifully with Amal's hair and skin tone! I have serious envy right now! Sorry George, but you're wife is the new hottie in town, all eyes are on her and her ever elegant style! Just, wow!
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Jennifer Lawrence always looks amazing. Fact. And this year's Met Gala is no different. I think this dress is s beautiful, extremely flattering(not that she needs it to be of course), very elegant with a lovely little splash of colour. I feel it can be faulted in no way, just like JLaw herself! Love this!
Dame Helen Mirren in Dolce and Gabbana
Well I couldn't possibly have written about the best dressed at the Met Gala 2015 and NOT written about Dame Helen Mirren because, well, just look at her! *she's too hot, HOT DAMN* She just looks incredible! Oozing with confidence and elegance that most twenty-somethings would kill for! So glamorous, and just so cool! This dress is perfect for her! She's showing a little bit of what she's got, but managing to stay covered up at all times. Total sex appeal, the woman is amazing! Can't say any more than that.

Kate Hudson in Michael Kors
I think Kate Hudson looks unbelievable here! I also think this dress fits perfectly in with the theme. Not many people can pull of all over sequins and still photograph perfectly! This dress is just beautiful! I also think Kate's hair and make up are amazing, such simple glamour to let the dress do all the talking! Perfection.

Miranda Kerr in Louis Vuitton
I am a huge Miranda Kerr fan, I think she is flawless, so I may be biased in my opinion. However, I just think that she looks amazing in this Louis Vuitton number! Showing off her endless legs and looking every inch the supermodel, I think this look is lovely.

Kim Kardashian-West in Peter Dundas for Roberto Cavalli
I think Kim K looked AMAZING here! I love the train on this dress! I know it may not be to some peoples tastes, but Kim owns this look! I think she looks flawless, every part of this look is beautiful. Along with her signature perfectly contoured makeup and super sleek hair, Mrs. West was looking mighty fine and SUPER glamorous and I loved every minute of it!

Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein
Rivaling big sis, Kim, in the style stakes, I think Kendall looks soooo good here! I think this Calvin Klein dress is very sophisticated but still adding a touch of youth to the look with the cut-out sides. The dress shows off Kendall's enviable figure perfectly, she is just too beautiful!

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Atelier Versace
Last, but certainly by no means least, my favourite look of the night goes to the always beautiful Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. I think this look is perfection. This dress is so unusual, but yet still very classic at the same time. I think the whole look is simply stunning, and Rosie just fills that dress perfectly. Everything from the hair, dress and makeup just works. I love that she has a bold lip on, rather than just blending in with the dress, you notice her beautiful lips and slightly smokey eyes. No part of her looks over-done or trying too hard. It all just worked and I absolutely love it!

So thank you beautiful ladies of Hollywood(and to Vogue and Elle Magazines from which these drool-worthy pictures are borrowed from!), for allowing us the opportunity to admire you all so closely. From the hair and makeup to the dresses themselves, I don't think anyone could be disappointed by this years turn out! I hope you all enjoyed my top picks!

Love,                           
Kayleigh Rose   
x












You May Also Like

0 comments