My Current Kit Favourites

by - 04:44




Hi Guys! 

I thought that since I am just starting out with my makeup business, I would  go through my favourite bits and pieces for my kit. 

I think in the future when I have a full kit built up, I will maybe do a post going through everything in my kit. But, for now, I thought I would talk you through the pieces that I'm loving right now. 



First up are these gorgeous products from Charlotte Tilbury. 

There is Wonderglow and Filmstar Bronze and Glow-which I have in the shade light to medium.

I'll start off with Wonderglow, which is a light reflecting face primer. I absolutely love this product, I think it really warms up the skin and gives the most beautiful glow from underneath the makeup. I love that it gives a really natural base glow. My favourite kind of makeup look is one where the skin looks super healthy and fresh and this product 100% achieves this. I tend to use a Laura Mercier Primer underneath, then I work this into the skin before putting on foundation. If I want a super glowy/dewy look then I'll also add a little to the foundation. 

The Filmstar Bronze and Glow is such a beautiful product, especially if you are scared of the dreaded contour! It gives a really subtle shadow and I find that it applies lightly which means you can build it up really easily and blends well to ensure that it gives a nice shadow. I think the shade is perfect for anyone with light skin because it isn't orange toned(which it shouldn't be because shadows aren't orange), so it actually creates a great shadow without giving you those intense contour lines that are out and about in the world!

The Charlotte Tilbury products are definitely on the pricier side of things, however I genuinely think they are lovely products and worth the money! 
Plus the packaging is just beautiful! 



Next up are two products by Sara Hill(who, btw, is the director of The Academy of Makeup where I trained).

First of all is the Pink Opal Metallic pigment. This can be used for highlighting the cheekbone, brow bone, inner corner of the eye and cupids bow. And this is a serious highlighter! If you love that intense glow, this ones your gal! 
I think it looks particularly nice on a paler skin tone as obviously it has a pinky/iridescent colour to it, but I think it could be beautiful on anyone. 
And a little goes a long way!

Another from Sara Hill is the Matte Damon lipstick. I'm not going to lie, I think I have used it on like 90% of my clients so far! It is so beautiful and gives such a beautiful colour to the lips! 
It obviously has a matte finish, but it is so comfortable to wear that it doesn't have the usual drying feeling of a matte lipstick. 

You should definitely check out Sara's brand, everything is so lovely! 


Next is the Laura Mercier Mineral Powders. 

I use these to set makeup along with my trusty RCMA no colour powder. This just gives the makeup a gorgeous look, it isn't too matte so the skin still looks really fresh ad doesn't leave it looking powdery at all!  I don't have loads to stay about this product, just that I think it's really lovely and definitely a must have in my kit so far! 



Next up is the Urban Decay Chill Spray.

Now, I'm sure you are probably surprised that I have this and not the cult product All nighter spray. But this was recommended by our tutor Lynsey Maxwell at the Academy who uses this in her kit and I've got to say, I really enjoy this. 

I'm not going to lie, it has a bit of a weird smell to it, I think due to the different plant based ingredients in it. But it does actually give a lovely cooling sensation, which I think it lovely when someone has been working on your face for nearly an hour! 

It sets your makeup, cools you down and hydrates the face at the same time! Can't complain about that! 


Last but not least is this little beauty by NYX, the Control Freak brow gel. 

This is just a simple product, but I love it! It creates a really great, fluffy brow! This, with just a tiny bit of product to thicken the brows up gives such a great look. I'm definitely one for the more natural look when it comes to your brows, so this really works great to create that look.

So that's it for my favourite pieces in my kit so far! 
Together they give a beautiful looking, natural and dewy makeup. 

If there is anything else you would like me to talk about or review, please leave a comment and let me know. I would also love to know what you guys love to use-professional makeup artist or if you just love makeup-I would really love to know what you use! 

I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Love,                               

Kayleigh Rose    
x






You May Also Like

0 comments