February 2016 Favourites!

by - 12:01


Hi guys!

I'm back! I haven't blogged in SO LONG and I've missed it so much! 
I don't know what happened, but I got totally out of the swing of it and then couldn't find the time to do anything.
But I missed blogging so much that I don't want to be doing that again!

Anyway, enough with the babbling... I can't believe that it's March already!
This year is flying by so fast! It's crazy!

I have quite a few favourites this month, I've recently been going a bit crazy, buying so much makeup and spending money like I'm a millionaire, but it's totally worth it!

I have linked all of my favourites so you can find them online, just click on the names of each one!

First up this month is probably one of my top favourites. It's the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette



I loooove this bad boy! It is so beautiful, really well pigmented and the colours are just so lovely! 



I haven't used anything else all month, it's just so gorgeous! It's a warm toned palette with a few matte colours along with some stunning shimmers. It just feels so soft and creamy, really blendable. I just can't get enough of it, I'm so impressed with this palette and it is so affordable. It's only £15.50 from beautybay.com which for the quality of the product is actually unbelievable. Honestly I cannot recommend this product enough!

Next up, which actually goes really well with the Cocoa Blend Palette, is the Zoeva Eyeshadow Fix.

 I actually bought the Pearl version of this, but I can't seem to find that in stock anywhere. I've never really been in to primers, never really understood the point, I've now obviously changed that view and I really like this product. It stops my shadows from creasing, gives me a much longer wear out of them and I also finds that it brings out the pigment better in comparison to not using a primer.  

Again, this is so reasonably priced that I would definitely recommend giving it a try, it only cost me £6! I usually have my makeup on during a working day for about 14 hours and this stuff  doesn't let my eye makeup budge!

Next thing that I have been absolutely loving the RCMA No Colour Powder, which is slowly but surely blowing up big time. 

I had never heard of it before and then all of a sudden I'm seeing it everywhere. I first heard about it whilst watching a Kathleen Lights YouTube video and waited a good while for it to come back in stock but it was totally worth the wait! I really love this product, it's no frills, does exactly what it says on the tin kind of makeup and I think that's really the best thing about it  because it's all about the product and the product is pretty damn good! This powder genuinely has no colour, which is great because it means it just sets your makeup without adding anything else to it or without altering the colour.  It also means that any colour of skin tone can use this product, which I think is amazing. It sets my makeup and keeps it in place all day and it sets my under eye concealer perfectly! It's the only powder that I've found so far that minimises the creasing under my eyes. It's also SO reasonably priced! I bought the 3oz bottle and that cost me £8.95 and I can totally deal with that in my life! It's worth 3 times that price in my opinion! If you can get your hands on it, I would totally recommend it!

Next is another extreeeemely reasonably priced product. It's the Makeup Revolution "What are you waiting for?" Salvation Eyeshadow Palette. 

I am slowly falling in love with this brand, this palette only cost £4 from Superdrug, and for the price, I think it is really, really good! Obviously it is never going to be as amazing as the higher end eyeshadows because you do pay for a better product.

However, I wouldn't say that these eyeshadows are only worth £4, I think they are really pretty darn snazzy! This is the second palette that I have bought from this range and I have loved them both. There are some really beautiful pinky/Champagne colours that are just so beautiful if you want a change from a smoky eye or are just looking for a fresher makeup look. The shimmer in them is great and I used this a lot at the start of the month and it was just a really nice, subtle eye look that I could create and I loved it. There are also some really dark, plum toned colours which would be fantastic for brown eyes to really bring out their colour. I think this brand is great for anyone but really great for people that perhaps can't afford to spend a lot on makeup. It shows that the high street brands have really stepped up their game and this brand is extremely affordable, I can't wait to try out more! It's keeping my makeup obsession at a reasonably guilt-free level-winning!

My last makeup favourite has only been in my life for about a week, but I am already obsessed with it! It's the L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist, which you use after you've put your makeup on to set it. 

Now, just like primers, I've always doubted fixing mists and setting sprays because I thought they were just a novelty type product. Boy was I wrong. I am obsessed with this, honestly, I cannot believe it has taken me this long to see the error of my ways! I can't go a day without this now. It sets my makeup so well, without altering the look of it in any way! And it's really been put to the test as I usually work for about 8-10 hours at least a day, running around serving people and I've had my makeup on for maybe 14 hours and its still perfect all those hours later, when usually my foundation has started to wear off. It keeps my oily skin reigned in too! I would say though, that I've learned the hard way, use it BEFORE you put on your mascara if you don't want to look like a panda. I mean, pandas are super cute, but I don't want to look like one! So I do everything but my mascara, then I spray my face all over, leave it to dry in, the put my mascara on and its perfect! Honestly, I can't get enough of it, go buy it now, it's only £7.99!

Moving on from makeup and onto hair. I recently had my hair cut suuuper short(for me anyway)- into long bob(or "lob" if you will), and I have a kind of natural wave to my hair but it needs a little help to look the way I want it to. So I bought the V05 Give Me Texture Salt Spray(which I actually bought from Superdrug but Asda was cheaper), just to see if it would give me the texture I was looking for, and I really like it! 

I am a bit wary of salt sprays because I've had a few disasters in my youth with them-but then who doesn't have bad beauty moments ya know?! But I've learned from my mistakes and don't use a whole bottle at a time, it definitely needs to be used sparingly! I just spray it on to my towel dried hair(after my serum), and them let it dry naturally to about 80% dry, then I blast it with my hair dryer to give me a little bit of volume. I now can't go a hair washing day without it, it just gives me the exact look that I want, perfect for shorter hair(maybe long if your hair is in a good condition, it can be very drying).
It also smells reeeallly nice and fresh, which I love because sometimes I use it on my dry hair just after I've curled it to give my hair a more relaxed/beachy look to it and it really freshens my hair up and gives it a nice clean scent, which is always nice!

My last February Favourite has to be the YouTuber Kathleen Lights. I only just discovered her a few months ago and I think she is amazing!
Photo credit to colourpop.com

 She has actually inspired quite a few purchases over the past couple of months and I love her for it! I just think she seems really lovely, down to earth and I can easily watch four or five of her videos at a time and not get sick of her(which is a true sign of love for me).

Photo credit to kathleenlights YouTube channel


I think her sense of of humour is just really similar to my own and we have very similar tastes in makeup so I just enjoy watching her videos, plus she is very honest about things she likes and dislikes so you can trust her which I think is really important. Also, I can't stop looking at her flawless skin!
Credit to lovekathleenlights.tumblr.com

I just think she is an amazingly beautiful looking woman and I cannot get enough of her videos! So glad I came across her one day! Go subscribe to her if you love makeup!

Well, that's everything that I was really loving throughout February. There were a few other things, but I didn't want to make this list too long, so I just put in the best of a great bunch!
Did you have any of these favourites on your list this month? Please let me know what things you have been loving, I always want to try out new products, YouTubers, tv shows, movies, anything you love!

I'm wishing everyone the best March ever! I hope it is full of all sorts of fun things for you all!


Love,                                   
Kayleigh Rose        
 x  

You May Also Like

0 comments