Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette- My favourite Matte look

by - 09:30


Hi guys!
As you can probably tell by the title of this blog post, I'm going to be talking about the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette and one of my favourite looks to create using it.



This week I'm going to do a look using the more matte colours in the palette(there is a teeny tiny bit of glitter when you look at it but they look matte on the eye), and this is pretty much my go-to look at the moment.

For a day-to-day look I've been using the same colours, but usually just toning it down a little bit. I've actually been loving a matte eye, as I usually tend to go for shimmery colours, but recently I've just felt that the matte look appears slightly more polished.

I really love this palette, in fact, it was actually in my February Favourites recently. I haven't used any other eyeshadows since the day I got it in the post. It was love at first sight! I just find that you get a really great payoff and they blend really well.


I have already applied my foundation and my eyebrows, just as I have used my usual Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation on my face, applied with a beauty sponge and on my eyebrows I have Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil(please ignore my extremely overgrown eyebrows, they are deliberately like that-I'm trying to thicken them up a bit so I've not had them threaded in a while so please try to see past it!). Also, please excuse the lighting- I use only natural light at my bedroom window, which(especially in Scotland) can be slightly unpredictable, so the lighting is a bit different in some of the pictures-apologies!


I started off by priming my eyelids with the Zoeva Pearl Eyeshadow Fix and then taking the colour "Bitter Start" all over the eyelid to set the primer just using a bigger shadow brush to take that all over.


Once I have applied my all over base colour, I then take the colour "Substitute for Love"-which is a slightly warm, light brown- on a soft fluffy brush, along the crease of my eyelid and just blend that right in, staying at and above the crease, rather than moving on to the eyelid itself. I'm using this as my transition shade, so I need this to be a bit closer to the brow bone than the rest of the colours that I'm going to use. I like to make sure that is as blended out as possible.


After I have blended this in, I then take "Freshly Toasted"-which is a much warmer, burnt orange/red tone- on the same fluffy brush and blend that along the crease, started from the outer corner and blending in the way. I don't take this colour as far along as the transition shade as I just want to deepen the colour towards the outer corners of the eye, so I probably bring this shade to the center of the crease. Once I have applied the colour and blended it in, I then take another clean fluffy brush and just blend the two colours in even more, I like to do this because I like the colours to flow into each other, rather than being in blocks.


Once I have these two colours on, I then go in with my darkest shade for the look "Beans are White" to smoke the look out a little bit. I take a base shadow brush and just apply this colour to the outer corners of my eyes. Once I've done this, I take me second fluffy brush and just blend this colour in towards the eye and in with the more red toned shadows. I tend to apply this really lightly and build up to the colour that I want, I think this makes the look a lot softer and more wearable. Like I said, I prefer everything to be really blended, I'm not a fan of blocking on colours. At this point I think you can just really play around with intensity of the colour 




Once I have the look as dark as I would like, I ass on a little liquid liner. I find that felt tip liners are definitely the easiest to use. I like the Liner Feutre by Bourjois, I find that it easily gives you that thick, dramatic line, without being messy at all. I start from the bottom of the outside corner of my eye and pull the line up as far as I would like it to go. I then start from the end of that line and drag the liner down towards the centre of my eye. I then fill in any gaps and sort out any unevenness.




Please excuse the close up of those ridiculously thick brows!


Once I have my eyeliner done, I leave my eyes for now and move on to finishing my face. I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes, down the centre of my nose and just in the space between the jawline and the bottom of the cheek bone as a sort of mini-contour. I like to let this concealer sit for about 30seconds before I blend it in, I just think it sets a lot better and gives a better coverage. I like to use a blending sponge, usually the same one that I use for my foundation and push the concealer into the skin, just to give that extra coverage.



Once I have the concealer blended in, I set it with my RCMA No Colour Powder and then take my Urban Decay Beached Bronzer all over my face and then concentrate it more in the hollow of my cheeks, just to give a bit more definition to the cheekbones. Then using the Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in Rode D'Or across the apple of the cheeks and blend that together with my bronzer, just to pull everything together and make sure there are no harsh lines.

After the complexion is finished and all blended together, I go back to the eyes and finish them off. I take the colour "Freshly Toasted" again, which I already used in the crease, on a pencil brush and just blend that along the lower lash line.


Now I just stick on a few coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational on my upper and lower lashes(I do take about 5 minutes to do my mascara) and that is the eye makeup done. I have then added some Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss Nude Collection, mixing the colours 45 and 48 together.




And that is pretty much the look finished. This is what I have been wearing everyday and on most nights out. If I'm wearing it during the day, I usually just go a bit easier on the outer corner of the eye and lighten it up a bit. 



I really enjoy wearing this look and I get loads of compliments on my eye makeup when I do wear it, which is always nice! It's a really easy look to wear as it's pretty neutral and goes with everything, which is why I think I love it so much.


Thank you so much for getting to the end if you're reading this! You're the best! If you like this look and you gave it a try please let me know! Also if you have any questions about it, please leave a comment and I will get back to you!

I'm really impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows, especially for the cost of them, They are so blendable and almost creamy, with a really great pay-off. I would really recommend them if you are looking to build up your eyeshadow collections, this would be a great place to start! 

Hope you enjoyed this post! Sorry it's been so long since I posted anything, I promise I will be getting back into it now! I will speak to you all very soon! I hope you have a great weekend!

Love,                                
Kayleigh Rose      


You May Also Like

0 comments