My Best Dressed at The Met Gala 2016

by - 14:32

 So another year has passed and the Met Gala arrived again last week. Bringing with it, some of the world's most beautiful people in the one room in some pretty amazing clothes. 
This years theme being "Magnus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology", where guests wore outfits representing the influence that technology has had over fashion through the years.

I loved so many of the gowns worn by the world's most beautiful women this year, it was so difficult to narrow it down! These are my absolute favourites from all of the stunning gowns and outfits from this years Met Gala.

Although there are a few that have definitely been influenced by technology, I'm not sure that I can 100% see a direct link to this years theme, I don't even care. These women are just too stunning in these beautiful creations.


First up is my absolute favourite from this year. It is the stunning Claire Danes, wearing a beautiful Zac Posen creation. This beautiful gown just screams "Cinderella" to me, I honestly think it is just so magical as the bust and skirt became fully lit, keeping with the Age of Technology theme. A statement released about the dress dubbed it "Galactic Cinderella" and I couldn't think of a more fitting description. Beautiful.




My next favourite look from the night was the absolutely stunning Blake Lively, wearing an equally stunning Burberry gown and Lorraine Schwartz earrings. I think Blake is one of the most beautiful women in the world and that she evokes Old Hollywood Glamour. She always looks stunning and the Met Gala was no different. I think this Burberry creation is beautiful, glamorous and so lady like. I am in love with the beautiful train flowing from the back of this strapless gown. Such a stunning look that I can't get enough of!




Another look and beautiful lady from the night that I love is Allison Williams in an incredible bespoke, 3D Printed Peter Pilotto gown. I think Allison looks amazing in this dress! I think she is such a beautiful woman and wears this creation so well! I think it is such a fascinating gown, I don't know where to look at it. I love that the details of the dress have all been 3D printed, which definitely sticks to the nights theme. Also, I think that the cut of the dress is so flattering. I love the little cut-out detail on the waist, giving the dress an edgier look.



Next up is the ever glorious Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, wearing a simply beautiful gown by Ralph Lauren Collection. Although this gown is perhaps a little simpler than some of those seen on the red carpet, I think that is the beauty of it. This dress is so lovely that is doesn't need to have everything going on to be beautiful. However, it does help that one of the most stunning women in the world is wearing it, but it is lovely nonetheless.



My next favourite from the night is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful women in the world, Dutch supermodel Doutzen Kroes dressed in Balmain. Personally I think this woman can do no wrong, because I honestly think she is just so beautiful. But O really love this Balmain gown, like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's gown, I think the simplicity of it is just stunning. I think Balmain really stole the night for the amount of amazing gowns worn, but I love this as it's a lot more toned down(the rest are very embellished). Sometimes less is more, and Doutzen makes it look even more incredible.



Another supermodel who looked amazing(shock horror) at the Met Gala was Adriana Lima wearing a dress by Giambattista Vali. I am in love with this dress! It is so beautiful!!! I love that it is a mix between a gown and a dress. It is so lady like, but not at all boring. This dress is absolutely beautiful. I love the fullness of the skirt and the beautiful floral pattern of the skirt and the clash of pattern with the bust. I think everything about this dress is just beautiful. I also love the red lip, I think it just gives the whole look a bit more of an edge.



My next favourites are both dressed in Michael Kors and look absolutely incredible! Emily Blunt and Olivia Wilde looked so good on the Red Carpet last Monday. Emily Blunt, who is heavily pregnant with her second child, and Olivia Wilde who only recently announced her second pregnancy wore their bumps with pride. I love these dresses and think they showed off both ladies figures so well. Both of them look positively glowing, I wish I looked that good normally, never mind being heavily pregnant! I love both of these women anyway, I think they are great role models and they couldn't not be on my best dressed list!



I love everything about Rachel McAdams look at this years Met Gala. I think her hair, makeup and gown are all incredible. She was wearing a beautifully intricate Valentino gown. I am obsessed with the delicate, soft and almost romantic feel of the skirt and the train of this dress. I think they are so beautiful, and it clashes so well with the top half of it. I love that she has went for such a bold lip colour(one of my favourite reds), I think the whole look needed that to pull it all together.  I just think this dress is stunning!



Next up is one of my absolute Queens, the one and only Katy Perry, wearing an interesting Prada gown. Now I wouldn't say that this would normally be the kind of look that I would love, but I think it works so well at the Met Gala and it really stands out to me. Also, Katy Perry can pull off pretty much anything. I also love that she accessorised with a Tamagotchi! I love the way that she can add fun to anything, but still make it look glamorous! Also, those bleached eyebrows?! Bold move KP! Nicely done!



My next favourite lady from last Monday is Lena Dunham, wearing a J. Crew Tuxedo and absolutely rocking it! I think she looks incredible! And I love that she went for something other than an evening gown! The theme is all about the progression of fashion and the influence of technology throughout the ages, don't think you get much further from ladies fashion a hundred years ago to today with a lady in a tuxedo on the red carpet. I think the jacket is really lovely, especially the lace that you can see just underneath it. I also really like the high waisted trousers, a favourite of mine!


My final favourite of the night is the ever gorgeous, age defying Nicole Kidman wearing this beautiful creation by Alexander McQueen. I think this is stunning and I think Nicole looks stunning. The detail on this dress is outstanding, I think that the astrological theme is beautifully done- it isn't too much. I don't know where to look I just love it so much! I think the cape makes for a beautiful extra, just adding even more glamour to the look. I also think that the low cut bust and cut-out details at the waist keep the dress feeling very current and shows just enough skin to keep it classy and show off Nicole's beautiful skin tone, which contrasts beautifully with the colours of the dress. I also love this picture with Keith Urban, I think it is so cute!





So that's my best dressed from this years Met Gala, I know that it is a week late but better late than never! The Met Gala was one of the first things that I blogged about so I felt like I wanted to blog about it again this year.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what looks you loved at this years Met Gala and if you think there is someone I missed! I did have to leave out about 10 other people from my list otherwise this post would have went on for even longer! But there were just so many stunning looks this year!
Thank you so much for reading and I shall speak to you all very soon! 


Love,                            
Kayleigh Rose   
x







You May Also Like

0 comments