A Surprise Party "Get Ready With Me"

by - 14:59

Hi everybody! How are we all? I hope everyone is amazing and that you've had a wonderful November so far!
Sooo...  I've not blogged in what feels like FOREVER... 
And I'm afraid that I genuinely have no excuse for this other than that I've been a bit lazy of late and have chosen to go out a bit more than usual, but at least I'm honest about it so that makes it alright doesn't it? Good, I thought so too, glad that's been cleared up.

Moving on swiftly, this week I have decided to do a little "Get Ready With Me" blog post. I've only really seen this on YouTube, but I thought it might be nice because it involves all the fun things that I like to blog about. Makeup, hair, beauty, fashion, so why not stick them all together in the one (hopefully) delightful post?! 

             



So, I was getting ready for a surprise birthday party for a few of my friends through in Stirling and I thought I'd bring you all along for the process. Now, as I said, I have only really seen this kind of thing on YouTube videos, but I don't have a YouTube channel, so I've had to do this all through photographs meaning there are A LOT of photographs(and if you think this is bad, you should have seen how many I actually deleted!). But, it was fun and I love to be nosey and watch people getting ready for nights out and seeing what they do, so hopefully you enjoy this too! 

I just need to say that because all of these photos are taken in a natural light(and in Glasgow we are seeing very little of that right now), the lighting is a little dodgy, so I do apologise that the further I get with the look, the weirder the lighting gets, it sometimes makes me skin look a little bit dead... It was annoying me so much that I think I might buy lights for taking my blog pictures... I wonder if that means I become a "proper" blogger.

Anyway, as if this post wont be long enough without me blabbering away about nonsense.
On with the look!

I started off with washing my hair, popped my contact lenses in and prepared my pretty spotty face by cleansing, moisturising, and priming. 
I like to leave my hair to partially dry naturally whilst I'm doing my makeup just as I use quite a lot of heat on my hair during styling, so I figure it must be better to let it do it's own thing for a small period of time before I sizzle it!


I then, using a buffing brush, I blended my Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation all over my face, making sure it was really worked in. This is my favourite foundation for nights out(and in general) because it's high coverage, but it's actually quite dewy and leaves your skin looking fresh, it doesn't dry it out at all. 
I then drew in my eyebrows using Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pen and my Benefit Brows a-go-go powder. 
To sharpen the appearance of my brows I then took my lightest concealer and outlined the edges of my brows. I then just use my finger to blend this in.





This is the brows after the concealer has been blended in, I just think it makes them look a lot more neat and definitely sharper looking.

I then used a matter cream coloured eyeshadow all over my lid for a base, then used a light brown and blended that into the crease just to give my eyes a bit of base depth before putting on my eyeliner.



I then used my Bourjois Feutre Eyeliner to do a seriously strong winged liner look- not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but I am enjoying the strong liner look at the moment! I'm also trying to get better at the old liquid liner, so I've decided to keep trying until I perfect it! I have found an easier way to do liquid liner, if you find it tricky like me, is to use an angled brush and a little bit of black eyeshadow to map out where I want my liner to go. I then go in with the liner and draw over the eyeshadow.

I also like to keep the cotton buds to hand-just in case I make a wee mistake!




Next I go in with a little fluffy brush and my MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in "Sketch" and blend that in along the the outer corner of my eye and blend it in along the crease with a clean fluffy brush. I just build this up until I am happy with the darkness/smokiness. I tried to concentrate on the outer corner to blend the shadow in with the liner and give my eyes a slightly more feline shape. Just remember to keep blending!



After I'm happy with how dark my eyes are and I'm not going to add anymore shadow, I then carry on with the rest of my face. Using my Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealers in the colours 10 and 20 to give me skin a bit more coverage and to highlight it a little bit too. Using the lighter of the two colours(the same one I used for my brows), I highlight under my eyes, down my nose and up to my forehead, just above my jawline but below the hollows of my cheeks and just on my cupids bow. I then use the darker of the shades to cover up my many blemishes. 


After I have put my concealer on, I use my foundation brush just to blend it all in together. This definitely gives me a higher coverage and it makes my base last all night long. Once all the concealer is blended in, I lightly press my Chanel Loose Powder all over my T-zone and just a quick sweep over the rest of my face to keep everything in place for the night. 


After my powder, I take my Rimmel bronzing powder on a duo fibre brush and just blend that into the hollows of my cheeks, my jawline and up through to my temples to give a very light contour. I don't like to go too extreme with the old contour as I think it can sometimes look a little bit too overdone. Just make sure this is all blended in, and that you are doing so by blending it in circular motions as you apply and don't start with too much product on the brush. Remember that you can always add more product, it's a lot more difficult to take some away.


After the bronzer, I used my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle" and swept that across my cheekbones, brow bone, cupids bow and down my nose to highlight all of these areas. I then added my Revlon blusher across my cheeks to blend the bronzer and the highlighter together. 
To make sure this doesn't look too severe I use my foundation brush to blend the bronzer in to my skin, just to soften it up a little.


After finishing my base, I then move back on to the eyes. Using my MAC Kohl Eyeliner in "Teddy" just underneath my lower lash line and use a clean eyeshadow brush to blend this in. I make sure to join this up with the liquid liner just to bring the look together.


Once I have blended this all in, I use Maybelline Lash Sensation Mascara to give my lashes great length and to make them super volumized. I love this mascara, I think it's amazing! I don't tend to use fake lashes, purely because I can't really be bothered with them and I also find them pretty irritating during the night. However, if you like to wear falsies, I would suggest individual lashes or if you like strip lashes, try to get ones that concentrate mainly on the outer corner.


Makeup done, it's amazing the difference these magical products make! Oh thank you holy makeup lord!


Next up, it's time to sort out the old hair do. I start of just by blasting my hair with the hairdryer after adding a little bit of serum or oil to it. I do this because I have the ends of my hair dyed and I find it tends to dry out a little. I don't give my hair a proper styled blow dry because I like to add a bit of volume  to my hair. 


It does add volume, but the risk is that it makes me look a little like Hagrid... But that's alright, I hear that look is in!


I then use my GHD's to put some curls into my hair. I section my hair just to make sure I get every bit of it. I like to curl away from my face and then after each section of my hair to keep my curls in place all night.


Once my hair is done I just make sure that it is completely sprayed with hairspray and then once the curls have all cooled down, I then pull my fingers through it lightly just to loosen the curls up, but not too much as they always drop throughout the night.



Finally we move on to the outfit. I went out to look for an outfit and was freaking out because I couldn't find anything I liked. Then I went in to H&M(which I have been loving this month!), and I stumbled across this fine knit, bodycon dress. It doesn't look like much when it is on the hanger, it was actually in with all the office clothes, but I thought I would try it anyway. 

When I tried it on, it was one of those moments when you just fall instantly in love with something, it was magical. After all the stress of not finding anything at all, this dress was an absolute God send!

I actually think it is a perfect winter party dress as it covers your arms, isn't too short and hugs your figure, but because it is a fine knit dress, it doesn't cling to all the wrong places. Also this is a great optical illusion with its different stripes to nip your waste right in and it is amazing!

I paired it with a pair of little black heeled pumps and a cute little clutch bag. I absolutely love this clutch, I bought it from New Look about 2 years ago for about £12 and I use it all the time. I didn't go too over the top with the jewellery because it has a high neckline, a necklace just wouldn't have done anything for the outfit.


Now that's everything done, I popped on a bit of MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick and that is me finally ready to head through to Stirling and join in with the celebrations.

I had such a great time through in Stirling seeing all of my old uni friends and the boys had an amazing party and were totally surprised! 


Classic mirror selfie, you just can't beat it! Always adding a touch of Disney to life!


I hope you all enjoyed this little blog post, was something different for me to do today, let me know if you enjoyed it. 

Please let me know if you have any questions at all about anything I did for this look and thank you for making it all the way to the end! I promise I will be back very soon with a new post, I wont wait another month before I post again!

I hope you all have a great week, sending out lots of love and hugs to you all!

Love,                              
Kayleigh Rose     
x




You May Also Like

1 comments