What I Got For My Birthday 2015

by - 17:53

Hi guys! 
So, it was my birthday about a week ago and I got some really lovely, thoughtful things from my family that I thought I would share with you. 
This post isn't in any way to be taken as myself bragging about all the gifts that I received or the things I have or anything like that. I could never afford to just go out and buy these things for myself(and even if I could afford to, I still wouldn't). 
This is just a little post to show you everything because it's the kind of thing that I like to watch on YouTube or read in other peoples blogs, as I can be a little bit nosey.
 And since you are reading this, I'm guessing you like to read this kind of thing too.


So I was really blessed this year and totally spoiled by my family and I just feel so lucky. Not only because I was bought these presents, but also just really lucky that I have these amazing people in my life that actually go to the effort to do such special things for my birthday and I can't thank them enough for it!
I love you all so much!

My Mum totally spoiled me this year and got me quite a few lovely things! 

First up, she bought me this beautiful faux fur jacket from Marks and Spencer, and I am absolutely in love with it. I have wanted a fur jacket/coat for quite a while now, but I always worry that I will buy one and then see another that I like better.


 However, I've had my eye on this for a few weeks, since I spotted it when I was walking through M&S(on my way to the food hall-shock horror). 
It is so soft and luxurious feeling, I am absolutely in love with it! 
I didn't think pink would be the colour that I would go for, but it's a sort of dusty pink, so it isn't too in your face and I think it is the perfect thing to make a casual jeans and jumper look that little bit more special.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love it!

My Mum also got me some amazing goodies from Origins. I love Origins skincare, I find it works really well with my skin and I really think you get what you pay for. It just seems to work nicely for me. 
She bought me the Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser, which smells amazing! 
I like to use this first thing in the morning, just to wake me up and freshen my skin up from my sleep.
This is a great little set with a few top picks from the Dr. Weil Mega Mushroom Range.


I cannot wait to give it all a go, I love the Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream and I think it smells so good, so I'm excited to try everything else in it! 

My Mum also bought me the Harry Potter Complete 8 Film Collection, which I am ridiculously excited to watch! 

I'm a little ashamed of myself that I didn't have it already. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, so I can't believe it has taken me so long to get the boxset, but I can make up for it now! 

My Dad bought me the Zoeva Makeup Artist Zoe Bag, which I am very excited about! 
This year I decided that I wanted to start building up a makeup kit(which is a very expensive thing to do), and this is actually perfect for starting off.

This set includes 25 natural and synthetic brushes along with the Zoe Tote Bag, which is perfect for carrying all your brushes and kit along with you.

These brushes are all amazing quality and I am really excited to use them!
They are so beautiful that I'm battling with the side of me that can't wait to use them and the other side that wants to keep them in perfect condition forever!
If you aren't a huge makeup brush lover like me, you may not understand my love for this, but believe me, the love is strong!

My sister Vikki and my brother-in-law Gordon bought me a beautiful Limited Edition bottle of my favourite perfume, Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf.
It's in a beautiful black glittery bottle, part of the Limited Edition bottles of holiday seasons past to celebrate 10 years of Flowerbomb. And it is a really beautiful bottle, even more special than normal! 
I will feel bad opening it!

Along with my perfume they got me some really cool Star Wars pyjamas from Primark that I had been eyeing up for a while.
Their Guinea Pigs also "bought" me some very thoughtful and cute things from The Geeky Cauldron. They got me a beautiful "Time Turner" and "Golden Snitch" necklace inspired by Harry Potter and I love them to bits! They are so cute!

Vikki and Gordon are also big Ice Hockey fans and support our local team the Braehead Clan, and during the summer I went to Sheffield with them to see one of the matches and loved it.




So when we found out they were playing a home game on my birthday, Vikki and Gordon bought some extra special game tickets for us to sit in the Hospitality section for the night(which meant we got to make full use of a free bar- that was never not going to be fun!).
It was a really great experience and made the night even more special, a great way to enjoy a sporting event I feel.
Also, because it was my birthday, I was asked if I would like to do the ceremonial Puck Drop and the beginning of the game. This was genuinely one of the most terrifying things I have ever done!
I'm not a huge fan of being in front of a big crowd or doing anything really that involves me standing in front of a lot of people.




But I did it and I was so proud of myself! It definitely was terrifying, but everyone that was there was so lovely and kept me really calm. Plus I got to walk out with the club mascot "Clangus", which was so much fun! 

Although, I think Vikki was more excited than me. I'm so glad we got to experience that together!

I also got to see one of the most beautiful men in the world, really close up. 
His name is Tristan Harper and I swear you need to prepare yourself for the babe that you are about to see, I can't even deal with it...



You need to go follow him on instagram right now @tristancameronharper, I promise you will not regret it! He's even better looking in real life guys!
I was so sad I didn't get to meet him, but I'm sure it will happen eventually!
(Although it may be a good thing, because I'm not very good in front of extremely attractive people. In fact, I'm EXTREMELY uncool around them and I can't really speak... It's embarrassing and awkward for everyone involved actually.)
I had such a wonderful night with my Mum and Vikki and Gordon, I can't thank them enough for making my day so special!

I then got some really great gifts from my Auntie Angela.
 She was recently in Texas for a wedding and picked me up some cool stuff for my birthday that you can't really get over here. 
The Dallas Cowboys(A Texan American football team), are the football team that I chose to support when I was at University, because the majority of my guy friends all played and watched American Football and told me to pick a team to support, so I chose them(not going to lie, that was mainly because I like the colour of their trousers). 
So my Auntie picked me up a few bits Dallas Cowboy merchandise. She bought me a hoodie, some super cosy socks and a beanie hat and I love all of them! They are perfect for the winter now, I wore the hoodie as soon as I got it- it is so comfortable!

She also bought me this beautiful Kate Spade Handbag!

 I love it so much!
It is a black, sort of canvas type-ish bag with gold detailing and a big shoulder strap which is perfect!


This bag is really cute, so well made and I am very much in love with it.
I can't wait to use it, I will need to make sure that I don't fill it with rubbish like the rest of my handbags! 
Although it is smaller than I usually go for, so hopefully it will be easier to keep tidy and I wont be able to fill it with as much nonsense!

Last, but certainly by no means least, is the most sentimental/personal of all the presents that I received on my birthday came from my best friend Erin.
(Not that they all weren't hugely thoughtful and sentimental, you just need to read on to understand.) 


About 3 months ago, Erin moved to Australia to do a bit of traveling, and I was actually heartbroken. 
I don't think we had ever went more than a few weeks without seeing each other, she is actually like a sister to me and one of the most important people in my life, so naturally her moving to the other side of the world was going to be pretty sad and I am missing her more than you could possibly believe(even with our weekly 5 hour Skype sessions).

So, obviously not seeing her on my birthday is sad.
But she was a very sneaky little ninja with a plan! 
We were skyping away having a nice conversation with her when my door buzzer went and next minute her mum Linda is standing at my door, holding this adorable canvas filled with pictures of Erin and I over the years.

I was actually so surprised, I couldn't quite register what was going on!
It was the best surprise ever on my birthday, I feel so blessed to have such a thoughtful bestie and so glad she was part of my birthday, skyping with me whilst I opened all my presents from my family, even from the other side of with world!

I also got a lot of other bits and pieces that most people get for their birthday, which I feel so lucky for.
I loved the nice little touch on Twitter on your birthday!

Cute balloons floating over your screen, that is always nice to see!

I really was spoiled by my family for my birthday and like I said, I cannot thank them enough for making me feel so special and for being so thoughtful and generous! 
I was also so overwhelmed by the people that wished me a happy birthday and just feel all warm and fuzzy inside at the thought of all those lovely people!
I am so lucky to have the family and friends that I do.
It is occasions like your birthday that just make you really grateful in life, and make you appreciate these people more than ever. 
So thank you guys, I love you all more than I could possibly say!


I hope you enjoyed this post and liked seeing what I got for my birthday. 
Perhaps it gave you some inspiration for your Christmas lists!
Let me know if it was your birthday recently and what lovely things you got!
Thank you so much for reading and we shall all speak again very soon!


Love,                              
  Kayleigh Rose     

You May Also Like

0 comments