Everyday Autumn/Fall Inspired Makeup Look

by - 16:19

Hi everybody! Sorry for being a bit quiet over the last few weeks, have been super busy and not had the time to blog! 

But it's now getting into my favourite time of the year. I absolutely love Autumn/Winter time, I'm one of those people that you probably hate that get's excited about Halloween/Christmas/all seasonal festivities, kind of about... Well, in January.

I just love everything about it, I love the fashion, the cosiness, all the colours, the dark nights and I absolutely love the different makeup looks that you can create!

So, that's what I'm going to talk to you about today. I'm going to show you a step by step of how I create my "everyday/easy to wear" Autumnal makeup look. It's a pretty subtle Autumn look and pretty easy to wear, it's all about the eye makeup on this one. I just think the eyeshadow colours are beautiful and totally remind me of Autumn.

A little side note though, I took all of these photographs in natural lighting and it was a tad unpredictable so some of the photos are a little bit darker/lighter than others, just in case you think it looks a bit whacky. There are also a lot of pictures here but it's the best way for me to represent how each stage is achieved, so please bare with me.



Below are the links to all the products used on my face throughout this post.


So, firstly I started with a clean, moisturised face. I then used two foundations as my base, firstly my Vichy Dermablend. I love this foundation as it gives a really great coverage, ideal for me as I have quite problematic skin. I find its a really buildable foundation. I then used my L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte foundation across my T-zone and chin to help prevent these places becoming shiny throughout the day.

               

I blended both of these in using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and just blended the makeup onto my skin.

               
This is my face with just the Vichy foundation, as you can see it gives a really great, solid base and a really nice glow.
             
I've then just added a little more coverage to my t-zone with the L'Oreal to cover up my more problematic areas and make them a little more matte.

I then put my eyebrows in(I know they need threaded), if you would like to know how I create my eyebrow look then click here.

I started off by using "Melt my Heart" and "Honey Lust" all over my lid and blended it up into my crease, which just creates a really nice golden base for the look.

               

I then took "Caramel Flirt" and blended that across the crease and towards the outer corner of the eye, making sure everything was blended nicely using a clean fluffy brush.

               
               


 I then blended a tiny bit of "Sketch" lightly into the outer corner also, just to enhance the colours and create a little more depth and a slightly smokey effect.

                


               

Instead of always using a liquid/gel eyeliner, I sometimes like to use an eyeshadow with an angled brush to create a softer look. Here I have used "Sketch" again, but this time I have used the angled brush to create a soft flick from the centre of the eye upwards. After creating the flick I just pushed some more shadow into the liner to create an even stronger colour.

               

                
You don't have to go with the liner, but I think it creates a nice shape for the eye and gives you a little bit more definition.

               
I then finished off the rest of my base blending the "Lasting Finish" concealer under the eye area, along with the "Wake Me Up" concealer, around the corners of my nose and on any blemishes that I may have. To set the makeup I sweep the loose across my t-zone, chin and anywhere else that tends to become oily throughout the day.

After this, I used my bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks, temples, jawline and down the nose to give my face some shape and a slight contour(I could not properly contour everyday, anyone who has time for that- I applaud you!). I then push my highlighter across the tops of my cheekbones, down the centre of my nose, across my cupid's bow, brow bones and inner corners of my eyes. Then just a light dusting of blush across the apples of my cheeks. 

After the base was finished, I went back to finish of my eyes. using my used blending brush I swept it underneath my eye then use my angle brush to join the underneath to the flick I have created. Then I used my eye pencil softly below the waterline and blended it in, to make my eyes look bigger but still give a soft look so it doesn't look too "done". Then added on lashings of mascara(if you're not a mascara addict like me, then just add a little, it's up to you).


To finish off the look, on my lips I used,

 M.A.C Cosmetics Lipstick in "Velvet Teddy" and Rimmel Kate Lipstick in "03".



I'm aware that this isn't the usual kind of autumnal colours you would expect for the lip, but, I think these are great colours to mix for an everyday look because it still gives you that deeper lip colour but it a lot more subtle than most lipsticks that tend to used in autumn and are definitely easier to wear.

 I mix the two because I love Velvet Teddy but, I find it can look quite orange(purely because I am so unbelievably pale!), so I use the Kate Moss lipstick to soften it a little, also the kate moss lipstick is quite moisturising and balances out the mattifying velvet teddy without making the lips look glossy.



And there you have it! My everyday Autumn makeup look. I think this is great look for anyone and would suit pretty much all skin tones, you may just need to adapt it slightly if you have a darker skin tone(just apply the darker colours on the eyes slightly heavier and perhaps for for a slightly darker lip colour, or just Velvet Teddy on it's own!). This is a really easy look to wear everyday, as it still manages to incorporate Autumnal colours,  but it isn't as severe as most of the really deep, severe colours that surround the makeup world at this time of year! 
I hope you like this look and try it out for yourself!


Congratulations for making it to the end and thank you!
Let me know if you liked the look and have any questions about the products used or if you try it out for yourself! 
Love,                                   
Kayleigh Rose           
x    





You May Also Like

0 comments