June Favourites!

by - 18:10


Hi everybody! Sorry it's been a while, I wish it were for some exotic reason but it was just due to working crazy hours. But I thought I would get back to it with the more "traditional" blog post and tell you a few of my favourite things from the month of June.

It's a bit of a mix of beauty and general things that I have been loving this month, and I hope it inspires you to give them a try too!




First up is my Schwarzkopf got2be 2 sexy Big Volume push up volumizing spray mousse. I actually picked this up because I thought it sounded cool and I alo have the hairspray to match which smells amazing, and I'm so glad I did! The weather in Glasgow has been soooo humid for the last few days and my hair has not been enjoying it! So, rather than using heat on my hair, I've been washing it, spraying on some mousse, braiding my hair and letting it dry naturally. The mousse really holds my hair well, without making it go crispy. I also love the fact that you spray it on because I hate using mousse and it makes you hands go all sticky! My hair has looked natural, effortless and I've had loads of nice comments about it. Plus, it's so worth it just for the smell, honestly, it's dreamy!




The second product up is the L'Oreal Paris Triple Active Night Cream. I am in love with this stuff(obviously, or it wouldn't be on this list)!
It does exactly what it's supposed to, it is super hydrating, soaks into your skin during the night and when you wake up in the morning it just leaves your skin feeling amazing! It agrees with my slightly oily skin, which is amazing because normally super hydrating moisturisers can make my skin feel greasy and cause breakouts. I absolutely love this and think it would be suitable for most skin types(however, if you have super oily skin, I'd maybe stay away-just in case!). I actually recommended this to my sister as, although she also has slightly oily skin, her skin was really dehydrated. Within a few days she said her skin felt so good and her makeup was sitting a lot better. We both agree that we LOVE this night cream and that it smells AMAZING! So that's two people loving it this month!





Next up are these Lasting Perfection Concealers by Rimmel London. I picked these up at the beginning of the month when I was having a bit of a skin nightmare and needed a slightly better lasting coverage than my foundation gives me, and I love them! I bought them in 2 colours( 010-porcelain and 020-ivory), I use the lighter under my eyes and the darker one on my blemishes and the work perfectly! They do exactly what I wanted them to and they make my makeup last so much longer and definitely give a more "flawless" look to my makeup. I apply them with a beauty sponge and blend them in together. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!





For the last of the beauty products is this Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser. I bought this cleanser based on a review by my skin Goddess, Caroline Hirons. And as per usual, her advice was spot on! I love this cleanser! It's slightly pricier than your usual drugstore facial wash, but you get what you pay for and it's so worth it! This just leaves my skin feeling and looking really clean and healthy, without giving that tight-dry feeling that some face washes give. It has really helped with my oily skin and has definitely left my skin with a nice glow to it(note-not from excess oil, from healthiness). If this is within your budget, I would really recommend it, it's just an overall lovely product and is now a permanent fixture in my skincare routine!




Ok, so this is kind of a weird favourite that I will probably never be able to say again. However, I couldn't leave this out!

I GOT TO SEE TAYLOR SWIFT LIVE IN CONCERT AND IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!!!!



Honestly, I have been a HUGE Taylor Swift fan since I was 15 and have always dreamed of seeing her live! I couldn't get tickets when they went on sale for Glasgow and I was honestly heartbroken for months, then the day before the concert a girl on my facebook was selling spare tickets and it was the most amazing feeling ever! I really couldn't afford to buy them, but do you know what?! Sometimes, you just have to stop taking life so seriously and stop worrying about everything(which I am very guilty of) and just think, "I have dreamed of seeing this girl for nearly 8 years, she's one of my idols, she's here for one night and I am NOT missing this!".



And I am telling you friends, she was worth every single penny and every minute of those past  eight years waiting to see her. Her voice was incredible, the show was amazing and my dreams were made! I don't think you could wish for a better tuesday night! I am just so grateful that I had that opportunity and just wish that everyone had the chance to see their idols. I've been so blessed to see quite a few of mine. I can't stop listening to her music, even the very first album and just enjoying life! So thank you Taylor, for just being you!





Last up on this months favourites is my ultimate tv show of June, which is Entourage(this picture is actually from the movie that I haven't seen yet), that has now been added to NowTV in the run up to the release of the movie this month. I originally only wanted to watched it as Jeremy Piven is a main character, and as my future husband I obviously needed to see the  show(ahaha one can only dream!), but I have become HOOKED! I'm really late to the game as the show actually finished years ago, but honestly, it's so worth the watch! It's just a really easy going, fun show! It gives you an insight into the world of being a leading actor in Hollywood and there is at least 1 celeb in every episode! Definitely one of those cool shows to stick on when you just want to chill and have a laugh! I highly recommend it!

So, that's it for my June Favourites! I hope you enjoyed them and perhaps intrigued you enough to try some of them out!

Let me know if you enjoyed it and what your favourite things were in the month of June!

Thanks for giving this a ready! See you soon and have a great July!! 

Love,                                   
Kayleigh Rose          
     x     

You May Also Like

0 comments